All volunteers must have a completed Criminal Record Check (CRC) / Vulnerable Persons Check (VPC) on file with FMHA before stepping on the ice or bench.  They can take 4 to 6 weeks to process so start now for the Sept 01 deadline.

CRC’s are not automatically shared between organizations, so if you did one for another organization you still need to do one for FMHA.  They are valid for up to 3 hockey seasons and expire on July 31st.  FMHA is not permitted to share your CRC with other organizations

Click on the link below to the BC Justice Institute / Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP) to complete your CRC electronically.  This method requires a valid BC Services Card and verification app.  Please use this method rather than going to a local police station as it is much more time efficient and better for record keeping.  Most police stations are no longer doing CRC’s for volunteer positions.  If the system is unable to identify you electronically it will prompt you to follow the instructions and complete and print the application form.  If this happens you will then need to contact our CRC Administrator at   to have your photo id verified and the application submitted.

If you have a current valid CRC done with the CRRP for another organization, you may choose the “share my results” option during the initial step of the application process, rather than starting from scratch.  In this case, we will generally receive it within ~48 hrs, however it is important to note that the record check will be back-dated to whenever you last submitted it, therefore it may or may not meet our 3 yr deadline requirement.

Online link:


Once your CRC application is submitted, send your Session ID / confirmation # to along with your full name and date of birth so that we know your application is in process. Please also include your Hockey Canada ID # if known, and which age division you want to volunteer for.  You cannot volunteer on the ice or as bench staff for FMHA without proof of this.

If you have any questions or are unsure if your past CRC is still valid, please contact our Administrator at